JOB SUMMARY: Plans, directs, and coordinates the work activities and resources necessary for warehouse production in accordance with work order specifications while maintaining delivery and cost objectives.
- Responsible for the production schedule. This includes setting work schedules and directing employees to meet production goals.
- Develops training schedules for new employees and evaluates the performance of workers.
- Maintains records for employees in the department such as performance and attendance.
- Implements continuous improvement activities such as quality improvement teams to reduce scrap and increase productivity.
- Monitors the production activities and ensures that resources are allocated properly.
- Prepares reports on safety issues, productivity and goals within the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must have leadership skills to direct employees toward production goals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Familiarity with office software.
- Must be familiar with the methods of production used in the department including all of the machinery.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Frequently required to stand, sit and occasionally required to sit
- Occasionally required to lift/push light weights [25-50 pounds]
- Specific vision abilities required for this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral, depth, and ability to adjust or focus
- Protective clothing or equipment is required that includes gloves, hard hats, steel-toed boots and protective eyewear
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office