Job Title: Truss Assembler FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Truss - Production Reports to: Truss Assembly Lead
Summary: At the direction of the Truss Assembly Lead, assembles truss pieces together in preparation for pressing operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Places truss pieces, chords, webs, and plates in appropriate position.
- Hammers plates secure in advance of pressing operation.
- Assists in pushing or pulling trusses from table.
- Cleans up work area on a regular basis so as to avoid stepping on or tripping over scrap material
- Maintains good communications with Truss Assembly Lead and other Truss Assemblers so as to have a cohesive and productive work team.
- Learns and applies appropriate safety regulations including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Ability to use hands and arms to lift material and place it on table ? Ability to swing hammer accurately
- Ability to climb onto and off truss table frequently
- Ability to see and discern when truss pieces are not fitting together properly.
- Ability to report to work on-time and on a regular basis
Education / Training / Experience
- High School graduate preferred but not required
- Rough carpentry experience is preferred but not required
Reporting to this Position: No direct Reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
required to walk; sit; use hands to grasp and lift objects and to operate tools or controls;
reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear instructions and warning signals,
with or without accomodation.
2. Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will normally
be working in a temperature controlled environment but may need to work outside on
The above is a list of activities routinely performed by this position and includes the essential
functions an individual must perform for the position. The above list is not all inclusive and the
Company reserves the right to add and/or remove any job duties as deemed necessary at any
time. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in
the adherence of policies.
By signing below, the employee has indicated that they have read and understand this job
description, and that they will perform such duties to the best of their ability on a full-time
We offer a competitive benefits package offering the following:
- Medical and Dental coverage
- 401k with company match and immediate vesting
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance
- Voluntary short term disability and life insurance
- Vacation time and paid holidays
- Safety Wear
- $175 Yearly Safety Boot Allowance