PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for welding the sub-assemblies to the final assembly by spot welding nuts onto parts. Verifies quality of completed parts to ensure all nuts, welds, weld alignments and weld strength meet quality standards and work standards.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
- Must be functional to work on any line or department
- Fill out work orders for out of tolerance points, problems with machinery, and process/machine improvements.
- Follow work assignments carefully and methodically
- Work independently as required.
- Complete all required documentation, audit sheets (turned in after each shift).
- Mark parts with marker to verify 100% visual inspection of all parts as required.
- Report any problems to the team leader or supervisor.
- Notify supervisor or team leader of any safety or quality issues.
- Follows all safety procedures per company policy.
- Follows all quality procedures and requirements.
- Works directly with the Quality Department associates.
- Keeps work area neat and organized.
- Supports departmental continuous improvements.
- Must be able to efficiently operate machinery upon completion of training.
- Responsible for reading and understanding the TS16949 and ISO-14001 procedures located at K:/winapps/data/TS Team/Procedures
Customer Specific Requirements
The requirements listed below are representative of the required customer knowledge, skill, and/or ability.
This job does not have customer specific requirements.
Education and/or Experience:
Level 3: High school Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Level 3: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Level 2. Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Level 3. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Level 1: Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures in a professional and consistent manner. Able to apply common sense understanding and use appropriate judgment in routine business situations with supervisor, co-workers and customers
Ability to work with the following tools or machinery