PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Sets up and operates power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw, or crimp metal by performing the following duties
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties associated with this position.
- Must be familiar with press operations
- Assembles, installs, and aligns dies in press according to specifications working with die setters.
- Set smart pack
- Set up and place coil on mandrel.
- Adjust coil and run through feeder
- Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Runs web through the die.
- Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications and adjusts machine to correct errors including first piece.
- Cleans and lubricates machines
- Catches, packs and inspects parts.
- Operates quality gages.
- Fills out lot tags, production reports, PVD forms, and die maintenance control forms.
- Keeps work area neat and organized.
- Reports any problems to the supervisors
- Able to identify all dies and part number on all Prog presses
- Able to identify all coil labels to match die numbers on all Prog presses.
- Able to band unfinished coils on all Prog presses
- Able to identify and use feeder, straightener, and press controls properly on all prog presses
- Able to set up for proper flatness of steel on all prog presses.
- Able to identify the part container, the quantity of parts, and the proper labeling needed for each job on all prog presses.
- Able to change the date code.
- Able to trouble shoot tool vs. settings.
- Able to drive a company hilo
- Capable of operating overhead crane
Education and/or Experience:
High school Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures in a professional and consistent manner. Able to apply common sense understanding and use appropriate judgment in routine business situations with supervisor, co-workers and customers
Ability to work with the following tools or machinery