The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for three main functions; general building maintenance, courier duties and back-up mailroom support.
Essential Duties and Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining all areas of the building.
- Ability to communicate effectively & professionally with teammates in a work environment
- Primary - Building Maintenance Duties:
- General handyman duties; replacing light bulbs, addressing HVAC issues, patch/painting, manage contractors performing work onsite, monitor grounds maintenance, etc. Bathroom and cafeteria maintenance; such as cleaning and/or replacing refrigerator & ice maker filters. Work with vendors on annual maintenance needs; i.e. fire/safety company, etc. Clean out gutters on roof, as needed. Company meeting set up/tear down as needed. Communicate any issues to Facilities Manager to address as needed.
- Primary - Courier/Internal Office Duties:
- Deliver bank deposits. Perform post-office mail-runs and client deliveries as needed. Run miscellaneous errands, as needed. Deliver photocopy paper to the various departments and fill printing stations with paper. Distribute office supplies internally.
- Secondary - Back-Up Mailroom Duties (assist when needed):
- Receives incoming mail; Sort incoming mail by department and deliver. Use scales and postage meters to weigh and affix postage. Pick up mail from departments at the end of the day. Knowledgeable of filling out forms for Federal Express, UPS and US Postal
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma, GED
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Previous computer experience
- Must have reliable transportation
- Reliable & dependable
- Must be available after business hours from time to time to monitor trades (painters/electricians/plumbers/construction)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality & work with minimal direction
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Previous facilities experience
- Proficient with MS Office
Physical Requirements Necessary on a Regular Basis:
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to sit at a desk 7-8 hours per day.
- Walking for extended periods during the 7-8 hrs/day
- Standing for extended amounts of time during the 7-8 hr/day
- This is a physical position and will be required to lift and carry >50 lbs, manipulate large bulky objects, manipulate small objects, reach, kneel, stoop, bend, push and pull, repetitively throughout 7-8 hr workday.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.
I acknowledge that I have reviewed this job description and can perform the essential duties with, or without, reasonable accommodation.
Proctor Financial provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, age, , height, weight, orientation, gender identity, marital status, or status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other category protected under applicable federal and state laws.