The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for three main functions; general building maintenance, courier duties and back-up mailroom support.
Essential Duties and Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining all areas of the building.
- Ability to communicate effectively & professionally with teammates in a work environment
- Primary - Building Maintenance Duties:
- General handyman duties; replacing light bulbs, addressing HVAC issues, patch/painting, manage contractors performing work onsite, monitor grounds maintenance. Bathroom maintenance (if cannot fix-call plumbing vendor). Clean refrigerator filters. Work with vendors on annual maintenance needs; i.e. fire/safety company, etc. Clean out gutters on roof, as needed. Ensure company vehicle is being maintained. Company meeting set up/tear down as needed. Communicate any issues to Facilities Manager to address as needed.
- Primary - Courier/Internal Office Duties:
- Deliver bank deposits. Perform post-office mail-runs and client deliveries as needed. Run miscellaneous errands, as needed. Deliver photocopy paper to the various departments and fill printing stations with paper. Distribute office supplies internally.
- Secondary - Back-Up Mailroom Duties (assist when needed):
- Receives incoming mail; Sort incoming mail by department and deliver. Use scales and postage meters to weigh and affix postage. Pick up mail from departments at the end of the day. Run tape daily on checks received in the mail when necessary. Knowledgeable of filling out forms for Federal Express, UPS and US Postal
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are an equal Opportunity Employer, and we are dedicated to providing employment and advancement opportunities for minorities, disabled and veterans pursuant to its affirmative action plan.