QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Work Experience, etc.):
Minimum [Must have to be considered for the position]:
- High school diploma or equivalent and, 4 years industrial experience as a technician.
- An understanding of cast film extrusion processes and ability to troubleshoot them.
- Experience or training using computer systems and software (MSOffice, Windows Operating Systems).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with thermoforming processes.
- A working knowledge of plant processes.
- A level 2 understanding of SPC.
- The ability to perform Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Design of Experience (DOE’s).
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to reach closure on assigned tasks within suspense dates.
- Some knowledge of industrial controls.
The Extrusion Process Technician (EPT) works closely with, and often serves as support to a number of different departments and personnel. As a result, and in order to achieve optimum effectiveness, the EPT must maintain a positive, cooperative relationship with various departments/individuals and must be responsive to their needs.
The EPT interacts with all levels of the organization, i.e., with operators through senior managers. To be effective, the EPT must be sensitive to, and cooperatively blend the needs and goals of the various levels of the organization with the common denominator of ‘achieving organizational objectives’, i.e., effective launches, safety, quality, productivity, cost reduction, and positive employee/ employer relations.
Finally, in the role of a problem solver, the EPT must remain objective and be able to make recommendations based on facts, regardless of whether those recommendations are popular.
The EPT must take ownership of the processes to which they are assigned and be accountable for all related machines.