Georgia-Pacific located in Grayling is accepting applications for a Maintenance Technician. This position creates value by ensuring reliability of equipment to help meet and exceed the facility's goals for quality and production by inspecting, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems on all manufacturing equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing maintenance support for the manufacturing operations.
- Embracing safe work policies and practices.
- Installing new and rebuilt equipment.
- Performing routine equipment repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Operating equipment such as hoists, man-lifts, rigging equipment, cranes and forklifts to complete mechanical installations.
- Following work plans and schedules.
- Reading piping and instrumentation diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Reading and following wiring schematics and instrument loop drawings.
What You Will Need.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Willing and able to work weekend on-call duties on a rotational basis.
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces.
- Willing and able to work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day.
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to follow facial hair guidelines for respirator usage.
- Experience with mechanical troubleshooting (valves, motors, pumps, etc.) in a manufacturing or military environment.
- Experience maintaining and repairing mechanical drive components.
- Experience reading and working from technical drawings and schematics.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in industrial motor controls e.g.: PLCs, motor controls, control valves, electrical distribution, and industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure, and temperature.
- Experience maintaining and repairing industrial electric circuits.
- Experience with lubrication handling and applications.
- Experience with installation, calibration, fabrication and preventive maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in industrial maintenance pipe fitting and welding e.g.: lay out pipe run, stainless steel welding, carbon steel welding, stick welding, tig/arc.
- Journeyman/Millwright status.