Under the direction of the Quality Manager, performs final dimensional inspections and verifies compliance of first article shipping requirements. Documents and maintains records.
Major Responsibilities and Authority:
- Perform dock audits and floor inspections
- Use manual measuring instruments
- Operate programmable CMM
- Maintain calibrating of all measuring equipment
- Implement ISO 9001 and AS9100 systems and procedures
- High school or equivalent
- 4 years experience using measuring instruments (caliper, height guage/micrometer, etc.)
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and engineering sketches
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to follow documented procedures, work instructions and customer required records
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection
Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401(k) plan and much more. This is a great working environment offering stability and professional growth.
Founded in 1983, Barron Industries is a full-service manufacturer of high-precision investment castings, rapid prototypes, machined components and complete assemblies. AS9100 certified and NADCAP accredited for non-destructive testing. Barron offers complete turnkey manufacturing of components for Aerospace, Defense, Automotive, Oil and Gas, Tool and Die, Nuclear, Medical, and other industrial markets. Capabilities include ferrous and non-ferrous investment castings, CAD Engineering, CNC machining, NDT, plating, painting, assembly, laser etching and shipping from our 65,000 square foot facility in Oxford, Michigan.