Under the direction of the Quality Manager, perform fluorescent liquid penetrant inspection on metal components in compliance with NADCAP and ISO 9001:2015, and AS9100D certification requirements.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Perform fluorescent liquid penetrant test functions on castings to detect flaws, cracks or presence of foreign materials.
- Direct and perform system capability checks
- Read and interpret indications and evaluate according to applicable standards
- Thorough knowledge of scope and limitations of penetrant methods
- Write description of technique for individual part testing for approval by Level 3 Inspector
- Organize reports and maintain records of NDT inspection results
- Perform duties of Level 1 Operator if required
- Comply with ISP 9001:2015, and AS9100D and NADCAP systems and procedures
- Initiate continuous improvement in area of responsibility
- Communicate with customer quality personnel to obtain requirement information or resolve issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Some heavy lifting
- Must pass vision exam (corrective lenses are allowed)
- Documented completion of on-the-job training (400 hours min.) under the guidance of a certified Level 3 Examiner or Level 2 penetrant Inspector.
- 32 hours of formal Level 2 penetrant inspection training
Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401(k) plan and much more. This is a great working environment offering stability and professional growth.
Founded in 1983, Barron Industries is a full-service manufacturer of high-precision investment castings, rapid prototypes, machined components and complete assemblies. ISO 9001:2015, and AS9100D Certified and NADCAP accredited for non-destructive testing. Barron offers complete turnkey manufacturing of components for Aerospace, Defense, Automotive, Oil and Gas, Tool and Die, Nuclear, Medical, and other industrial markets. Capabilities include ferrous and non-ferrous investment castings, CAD Engineering, CNC machining, NDT, plating, painting, assembly, laser etching and shipping from our 65,000 square foot facility in Oxford, Michigan.