The Carpet Guys, L.L.C. is a rapidly-growing, family-owned business opened in 2009 aiming to be a dominant force in the southeastern Michigan area. Due to our explosive growth, we are seeking an individual to work as our Inventory Control Leader at our corporate warehouse in Troy, Michigan. This is a full-time position, and we are seeking a dependable individual who enjoys physical labor, a client/”street ready” appearance, and a customer service/problem-solving mentality.
Our ideal candidate will be able to meet inventory goals and act as a liaison to other departments. This individual will be able to offer recommendations to streamline our processes and assist with product management and distribution.
Our Inventory Control Leader will meet the following criteria:
- Three to five years inventory control experience, preferably in a warehousing environment.
- Be familiar with the retail sale of supplies and retail goods.
- Supervisory responsibility or management of teams of five persons or more.
- Some university coursework.
- Sense of ownership in the process.
- A valid driver's license, with reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass a monitored, pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to physically lift fifty (50) pounds regularly and move items of various weights and sizes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. (We are BUSY!)
- A good work ethic with flexibility in scheduling. Our warehouse is staffed from 6.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. Candidates should be available to work anytime within that period, including Saturdays.
- Three (3) personal references that can attest to a track record of dependability, punctuality and diligence.
- Previous flooring company experience.
- Previous experience with RFMS and/or other computerized inventory systems.
- HiLo experience/certification.
- Computer experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
Send your cover letter and resume to HumanResources@CarpetGuys.com for consideration. Our company offers medical, dental and optical benefits to full-time employees, with internal advancement and room to grow as skills develop and business needs expand.