Construction Manager I Fair Haven, MIPosted: 5/17/2018 Category: Utility Job Type: -Minimum Experience: 10 years Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...) Branch: Staffing Solutions Group Job Description
Location- Ira Township, MI
Duration (-/+) 5 months
The Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for monitoring and managing the site safety and security, project scope, cost and schedule during the construction phase for a project and reports directly to the Project Manager (PM). All project team members, including contractor or company employees, assigned to the construction phase of a project report to the CM. The CM, with appropriate subject matter experts input, assures that the project construction adheres to applicable codes and specifications either company generated or industry standards.
* Facilitates pre-construction meeting emphasizing safety and communicates any schedule or construction recommendations with PM.
* Oversees pre-fab and onsite construction - monitors project safety, scope, quality, risk, schedule, and budget.
* Reports progress daily to the PM.
* Supervises contract inspectors and resolves issues including material, construction and scheduling conflicts.
* Coordinates the testing and start-up of installed equipment, develops punch list and obtains signoff of the turn over check list from the Field Leader (FL).
* Assists PM in providing O&M manuals and asset lists (form 300) to the responsible parties.
* Ensures as-built redline drawings are submitted to Engineering.
* Emergency plan redlines are turned over to Records Management, Engineering, Field Operations and Gas Control with acknowledgement of receipt from Gas Control prior to in-service.
* Compile and submit close out documentation consistent to standard format provided by PM.
*Experience in Gas Compression, Generation and Energy Industry a plus
Experience and knowledge of gas facilities construction Knowledge of field operations Knowledge of equipment operations Conflict Management Record Management Decision Making Integrity and Trust Managing and Measuring Negotiating Organizing Planning Priority Setting.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management desired with 10yrs experience or equivalent field experience considered
Ability to qualify for required tasks under the PHMSA/MEA operator qualification rules.
Understanding of the Michigan Gas Safety Code and Federal Part 192 gas facilities standards.
Skills and Experience:
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans.