POSITION: ON-CALL RECEPTIONIST/CLERK
On-Call, non-exempt position
LOCATION: KBIC Housing Department
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: Housing Manager
SALARY: Grade 3 (minimum starting wage = $9.80/hour)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or Certificate of Completion.
- This qualification may be waived for individuals 62 years of age or older who meet the remainder of the qualifications listed below.
- This qualification may also be waived for KBIC members working toward obtaining their GED who meet the remainder of the qualifications listed below. (Applicants must obtain their GED within one year of hire and progress reports must be provided quarterly to the Department Director and Personnel Director).
- Previous receptionist/clerical experience preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must possess basic accounting experience and able to prepare daily deposits.
- Must be able to operate office equipment (copier, fax, mail machine).
- Must be computer/word processor literate (MS Word preferred).
- Must be able to efficiently type and file, and must be able to pass clerical testing by 70%.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to work effectively with people.
- Must have a professional appearance and possess a pleasant demeanor.
- Must be willing to be trained on the HDS system.
- Must be able to answer telephones and accurately relay messages.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, and pre-employment drug testing and pre-employment physical.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to Veterans who do not have a bad conduct or dishonorable discharges (need DD214).