SALARY: Grade 3 (minimum starting wage $9.80)
- Must have High School Diploma, GED, or Certificate of Completion.
This qualification may be waived for individuals 62 years of age or older who meet the remainder of the qualifications listed below.This qualification may also be waived for KBIC members working toward obtaining their GED who meet the remainder of the qualifications listed below. (Applicants must obtain their GED within one year of hire and progress reports must be provided quarterly to the Department Director and Personnel Director).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, which will include evenings and weekends.
- Possess a valid, unrestricted Michigan driver license; a good driving record, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance, and be insurable to operate fleet vehicles.
- Must be able to obtain a satisfactory clearance in accordance with the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act Background Investigations Policy.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a Security Background Check, Pre-Employment Drug Testing and a Pre-Employment Physical.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent.
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to Veterans who do not have bad conduct or dishonorable discharges (need DD214).