Patient Accounting Representative-Commercial
McLaren Health Care
90069 - Revenue Cycle
Hours per 2 week pay period
Monday - Friday
Weekends and/or Holidays Required
On Call Required
McLaren Health Care is one of Michigan's fastest growing health systems. With 13 hospitals, annual revenues of over $3 billion, and a service area that covers 75% of the state, McLaren is committed to the highest levels of patient care.
McLaren Health Care is looking for Patient Account Representatives to join the Corporate Revenue Cycle Team. We have several opportunities for the right candidates.
Representatives will support the McLaren Health Care System subsidiaries and external customers and vendors as part of the Revenue Cycle Central Business Office.
BILLING: Responsible for billing hospital and physician claims, for inpatients and outpatients treated in the hospital and clinic, on behalf of the patient, within insurance time filing limits.
1) Interprets third party requirements and appropriately bills for facility and physician services within time filing requirements.
2) Performs necessary maintenance to patient accounts in the billing and claims editing systems.
3) Responds timely to all patient and commercial inquiries either by phone or by written correspondence regarding patient accounts.
4) Contacts insurance companies regarding unreleased and unprocessed bills.
5) As assigned, Patient Rep will be responsible for developing relationships and working with respective vendors in a timely and professional manner.
6) Works with other departments and insurance companies to resolve bill/claim edits.
7) Notify Analyst of edits that needs to be built and Denials Rep for denial trends.
Associate Degree in Health Care, Finance or related area and/or Medical Biller and/or Coder Certification
Proven skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word, Window based applications; and 10 key calculator
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9
Must be able to understand, explain, calculate, analyze and interpret the information reviewed daily
One year experience in hospital financial or patient service
Work Location: The permanent work site will be at the McLaren Revenue Cycle Centralized Business Office located in Shelby Township.
NOTE: To further our mission of enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve, effective February 1, 2013,McLaren Health Care will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Cotinine
testing will be used to verify non-tobacco use. Individuals whose health screening results are verified positive for tobacco/nicotine use will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be rescinded, and they will be disqualified from reapplying
for employment for six (6) months from the date of the health screening.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Send This Job to a Friend
© All rights reserved