Directs the day-to-day functions of the legacy neighborhood in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long-term care facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Directs and oversees the leadership, responsibility and accountability of general daily operations of the Legacy Neighborhood programs of the health campus.
* Ensures Daily Rhythms activity programming is occurring per company standards.
* Develops and assembles monthly memory care activity calendar.
* Maintains appropriate resident population as outlined in the company s memory care move in/move out criteria.
* Schedules and participates in all memory care Resident First care conferences/service plans and assists to guide resident family members through the campus care continuum.
* Develops and maintains relationships with resident family members to ensure excellent customer service.
* Facilitates family orientation to life and expectations on the neighborhood.
* Directs the development, implementation, supervision and ongoing evaluation of the activities program, including the completion and/or directing/delegating the completion of the activities component of the comprehensive assessment.
* Contributes to and/or directs/delegates the contribution to the comprehensive care plan goals and approaches that are individualized to match the skills, abilities and interests/preferences of each resident.
* Directs the activity program including scheduling of activities both individual and groups and implements or delegates the implementation of the programs to determine if the activities meet the assessed needs of the resident, making revisions as necessary.
* Completes Social Services and Life Enrichment assessments and documentation for Legacy residents per company policies and state regulatory requirements.
* Complete Life Enrichment assessment and documentation for Legacy residents per THS policies and state regulatory requirements.
* Maintains open communication with campus staffing coordinator to ensure consistent dementia staffing and support on the Legacy.
* Interviews potential care and Life Enrichment team members to ensure Legacy candidates possess dementia skills.
* Maintains a dementia-safe environment through daily resident room and neighborhood rounds, management of noise and other stimulatory sources throughout the neighborhood.
* Oversees and regularly assists with meal service adhering to the company s Family style dining standards.
* Leads efforts to educate campus staff in dementia-related topics. Acts as campus dementia champion.
* Develops relationships with local dementia advocacy groups
* Represents the Legacy Neighborhood at meetings to provide support for planning and conducting various
* functions within the neighborhood such as activities, outings, meal/food, event planning, meal /food requests,
* Assists in the marketing and the promotion of the Legacy Neighborhood to potential referral sources.
* Maintains current written records of department expenditures and assures that adequate financial records
* and cost reports are submitted according to policy and procedure.
* Follows all safety regulations, programs and policies and procedures.
* Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary.
Bachelor s degree from an accredited educational institution in a health care, mental health or social service
profession or be a licensed Health Facility Administrator (HFA).
* Three (3) years dementia care experience in a healthcare, senior living industry, or long-term care environment preferred.
* Minimum of one (1) year work experience with dementia or Alzheimer s residents, or both within the past five (5) years.
* Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Shelby Crossing Health Campus
TALK WITH A RECRUITER
Fran (877) 744-3610
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
* Competitive Salaries
* Weekly Pay
* Professional Growth
* Generous Benefits
* Innovative Training Programs
* Tuition Reimbursement
* And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Not ready to apply* Our Talent Network is a great way to keep up with open positions here at Trilogy Health Services. By signing up, you ll receive alerts based on your skills and the type of position you are seeking. To join our Talent Network, click the link below.
Employer's Job# 45523
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.