Formal training leading to journeyman status in Machine Repair, or equivalent
Five to seven years experience.
Press repair experience in a high volume production environment.
- Advanced equipment troubleshooting skills
- Experience with large press repair and troubleshooting required.
- Knowledge of ISO/TS16949, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrical, Stamping, Cutting, Forming, Grinding, Tool Sharpening, Milling, Machine Setup, Blueprint Reading, Electrical Schematic Reading, Spark Testing, Basic Carpentry and HVAC, Electrical Repairs, Time Studies, Machine Repair and Tooling Selection preferred
- Must be able to operate basic metrology equipment, grease guns, cranes, grinders, stamping presses, drill presses, punch presses, hand tools, and equipment related to the maintenance and repair of equipment and machines
- Experience troubleshooting PLC’s and robotic repair preferred.
- Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees
- Computer skills and math skills sufficient to perform department related tasks are required
Safety glasses and hearing protection required. Other safety equipment required on an as needed basis.
Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment. Job requires very frequent visual effort and concentration, and the ability to move throughout the plant, including second story areas. Must be able to identify colors for purposes of executing machine and equipment repairs. The ability to lift 40 pounds is required.