About the Position: The U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC) is a major element of RDECOM and partner in TACOM Life Cycle Management Command. As a full life-cycle engineering support provider of first choice for all Department Of Defense (DOD) ground combat and combat support weapons and vehicle systems. TARDEC develops and integrates the right technology solutions to improve Current Force effectiveness and provide superior capabilities for the Future Force. This position is located under the Chief of Staff G6 and SIE-Ground System Cyber Engineering.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) or Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Analyst.
- Establishes guidance and implements a multi-tiered cyber security risk management process.
- Performs system assessments and makes recommendations for updates to the System Security Plan.
- Assists with cyber security administrative requirements.
- Enforce external and local cyber security regulation requirements and policies.
- Responsible for providing direct and continous cyber oversight of IT security projects.
- Supports the cyber security policy development by recommending, implementing, and enforcing cyber security compliance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- The main Duty Location for this position is Warren, Michigan. You will be required to travel to work at Selfridge Air Force Base Duty Location on occasion.
- This is a Temporary position not to exceed five years.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Top Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
- Must be able to comply with Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- This position requires business travel up to 10% or more.
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employees of the Organization
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the DE-02 band level in the Federal service which includes work that involves formulating, interpreting, implementing knowledge of Information Assurance policies guidance and regulations; experience with enforcement of cyber security; implement Information Assurance directives; identify potential problem areas and recommend corrective action AND my IT related experience demonstrates each of the four competencies as defined: (1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. (2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. (3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. (4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Information Technology Program Management
- Risk Management
FOREIGN EDUCATION:If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This is a temporary job not to exceed five years.
- This is a DOD Lab Demonstration Project position.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- This position may be converted to permanent without further competition.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 34 position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- The position is designated as Information Workforce Management Level II (IAM II). Incumbent must meet position requirements of DoD 8570.01-M and DoDD 8140 within 6 months of appointment and must maintain certifications throughout employment. Failure to do so may result in separation for efficiency of the Federal Service.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level 3 in Acquisition career Field Information Technology within 24 months of employment.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are