Our claim management and e-commerce business needs a Shipping Clerk to join our small staff. We’ve grown considerably and our purchase volume has increased. Consequently, we need a highly organized, detail-oriented and efficient shipping clerk to take over the shipping and receiving components of our operation.
The successful candidate will handle both initial shipping and any returns or replacements.
This is a full-time position – 40 hrs./week Monday thru Friday.
Hourly range: $12.50 per hour. Semi-annual profit sharing bonus checks ranging from $700 - $1000.
Paid-time-off and 401K. Yearly merit increases.
- Input and process part orders in shipping management system
- Record damaged or defective items according to company policies
- Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed properly
- Pack, seal, label and affix labels to small orders for shipment by UPS and Fed Ex
- Track inventory and report any shortages to sales team so we can update the website
- Route products to departments
- Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers
- Organize records of goods shipped
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school / GED
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Intermediate computer skills required (Excel, email, internet) with high degree of accuracy
- Detail orientated individual with the ability to multi-task and adapt to fast paced environment
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Ability to work independent of direct daily supervision
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics