Our claim management and e-commerce business needs a Shipping Clerk to join our small staff. We’ve grown considerably and our purchase volume has increased. Consequently, we need a highly organized, detail-oriented and efficient shipping clerk to take over the shipping and receiving components of our operation.
The successful candidate will handle both initial shipping and any returns or replacements.
This is a full-time position – 40 hrs./week Monday thru Friday.
Hourly range: $12.50 – $14.00 per hour. Semi-annual profit sharing bonuses ranging from $700 - $1000.
Paid-time-off and 401K. Yearly merit increases.
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to work orders
- Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
- Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
- Operate forklifts to pick heavy boxes and transport them to checking areas
- Record damaged or defective items according to company policies
- Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution processes are followed properly
- Pack, seal, label and affix labels to small orders for shipment by UPS and Fed Ex
- Track inventory and report any shortages to sales team so we can update the website
- Assemble wood and cardboard containers or pick pre-assembled containers
- Route products to departments
- Attach identifying information and delivery instructions on containers
- Organize records of goods shipped
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as assigned