Trimmer - Utility - Standish, MI #20238
Date: Apr 12, 2018
Location:Standish, MI, US, 48658
Company: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Requisition Number: 20238
Company Name: The Davey Tree Expert Company
Service Line: 1UTL - Kent-Utility SL
Employment Type: Regular
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level Required: High School Diploma / GED
Work Experience Required: Less than 1 year
Relocation Available: [[relocation]]
Travel Expectations: Up to 25%
POSITION: Trimmer - Utility Line Clearance/Climber
Starting Date: Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
Davey Tree has opportunities in Standish, MI and currently seeking candidate(s) to join our highly skilled enthusiastic Utility Line Clearing crews. Davey is a leader in the tree care, utility line clearing and forestry consulting industries throughout the US and Canada.
This is a full time hourly career opportunity; for a company repeatedly recognized as a top performer in the industry, with the opportunity for overtime.
- Provide line clearing and tree trimming services for major electric utility providers; including pruning treetops, repairing damaged trees by trimming or removal as well as removing broken limbs from wires, roofs, and other objects.
- Using bucket trucks as well as utilizing ropes to ascend trees and clear utility lines proficiently and safely.
- Management of removed tree limbs, logs and brush. Applying herbicides and/or pesticides as needed
- Responsible to properly maintain, prepare, and operate all tools and equipment including; hand tools, chainsaws, chippers, and aerial lifts.
- Operates daily as part of a crew
- Traverse various outdoor terrains
- Work varying heights effectively and efficiently
- Driver's license required. Commercial driver's license highly valuable and may be required, depending on job requirements
- Pesticide license, if required by state law
- Herbicide license a plus
- Line clearance certification if working near utility transmission lines
- ISA Certified Tree Worker certification or willingness to obtain
- Electric utility tree trimming/climbing experience a plus, but will train in all aspects for advancement
- Willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Desire for career growth
- Access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
- Competitive wages. Pay rates based on qualifications and experience; with incentives for completing training and certifications.
- Davey is 100% Employee Owned and offers benefits including health/dental/vision care coverage, 401K savings, and Employee stock purchase plan.
Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.
Join our team and GROW with us as you CLIMB the professional tree. APPLY TODAY!
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit
Nearest Major Market: Saginaw
Job Segment:Architecture, Consulting, Engineering, Technology