The Commons of Fremont, Fremont, MI is looking for energetic, hard-working and reliable wait-staff to join our team full and/or part time positions available. We need a team player who will maintain our warm and welcoming atmosphere for our customers. Flexible hours; week day and week end scheduling. Weekday, weekend and holidays shifts. We are a drug free environment.
- Present yourself as friendly, personable, and approachable to each customer.
- Answer customer questions regarding service, food preparation, and/or other related concerns.
- Take customer orders in a professional manner.
- Monitor assigned customer tables.
- Oversee customer orders with cooking staff.
- Deliver food and drinks to customer tables.
- Clean tables after each customer is finished/ prepare tables for new customers.
- Bill customers and collect payment.
- Restock server station and other duties as assigned by manager or shift lead.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Requirements
- Organization skills and attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation and strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to take food and beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.
- Ability to provide friendly customer service and work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time
- Maintains good personal hygiene.
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and prepare checks.
- Basic math skills; helpful.
- Experience working in a restaurant preferred, but not necessary.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for set-up, service and clean up of functions
- Ability to stand or walk for entire length of shift.
- Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times.
- May be required to work overtime on short notice.
- Drug free environment.