Our General Laborers / Project Persons positions offer room to grow and gain additional skills at a fast pace for the right motivated and leadership-minded people.
We are NOT looking for "work-a-day", "worker bee" people waiting and looking to be told what to do and when to do it in every aspect of the assigned work.
Starting pay depends on what you initially bring to the table in terms of experience and goes from there.
Immediate increase / raise after 90 days of the probationary period (must meet or exceed excellent and on-time work habits).
Opportunity for bonuses and additional increases for those who truly come to understand the company's vision and effectively contribute to scaling our growth.
Jobs are available NOW. Multiple positions available.
W-2 Employee positions. Biweekly pay. $14 - $16+ an hour.
30-40 hours a week, with overtime paid after 40 hours.
No benefits at this time. No experience is necessary.
Hours are tracked with a timekeeping smartphone app.
We are located in Waterford, Michigan (please Google Waterford if you don't know where it is).
The ideal Project Person:
- likes not having to do the exact same thing day after day
- likes to work with their hands
- does not mind getting REALLY DIRTY on occasion
- can work both indoors and outdoors
- is energetic, walks and works with purpose
- is adaptable and can jump into any given job (industrial painting, industrial cleaning, stripping and waxing, carpet cleaning, line striping & more)
- has a valid drivers license and can reliably travel to work sites within our Southeast Michigan / Metro Detroit service area
- is forward-thinking...can see beyond today, next week, next year
- has personal goals they want to work towards and achieve and seeks to improve themselves outside the workplace
- can be coached and is trainable (if you are set in your ways, you will NOT be a good fit here)
- has a flexible schedule
- can work alone and with a team
- prides themselves on giving bend-over-backwards customer service
- pays attention to delivering quality in their work
About the work we do:
- work hours vary depending on the project and some will include nights and weekends (this is highly important to consider)
- jobs are primarily in Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne counties
- we work a lot on lifts and scaffolding, so you cannot be scared of heights
- we work around our client's schedules
Project Persons work on these types of projects:
- Industrial Cleaning - We work in shops cleaning walls, ceilings, and equipment
- Industrial Painting - Painter's Helper (prep, clean-up, some minor painting)
- Floor Stripping and Scrubbing - Commercial and Industrial floor cleaning and refinishing (stripping and waxing)
- Carpet Cleaning - Commercial and Residential carpet cleaning
- Line Striping - Painting lines and markings on parking lots
Other job requirements:
- You must have reliable transportation
- You must have a valid drivers license with a good driving record
- You must be able to work a flexible schedule with some nights and weekends
- Good attendance is an absolute must
- Nonsmokers preferred
- You must be able to pass a background check
- You must be able to pass a drug screening
- You must have a positive attitude
- You must be able to work alone or on a team
- You will need a happy, friendly disposition
- You must be willing to provide excellent internal and external customer service
- You must be willing to perform top-notch quality service
- You must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more and stoop, stand, kneel, and reach for long periods of time.
Our application process includes:
- Online application and questionnaire
- Quick personality assessment (20 minutes or less)
- Phone interview (15-30 minutes)
- In-Person interview (1 - 2 hours)
- 'Ride a long' paid working interview / assessment (try us on for size while showing us what you've got...if the work or team is not for you, no harm, no foul)