Logistics Manager - 054607
Logistics Manager - Milan, MI
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Milan, Michigan shipping department, scheduling the orders for a corrugated paper machine, finishing equipment, and managing roll stock inventory. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to: planning, assigning, finished goods inventory, and directing the loading/receiving crews. This role will work with other departments in efforts to identify improvement opportunities and solutions.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* The scheduling of the corrugator and finishing equipment involves working with customer service to plan effectively to meet customer needs and efficiently maximize the productivity of the operation.
* Roll stock management includes ordering, receiving, warehousing, and consuming paper in addition to analyzing usage and utilization trends to ensure the right product mis is available to efficiently meet the needs of our customers.
* Supervise and provide leadership to shipping/receiving operations and assigned department employees on three shifts.
* Plan and direct all OTR shipping daily while ensuring accuracy of shipping documents
* Communicate closely with production and customer service to ensure timely shipment of all product.
* Maintaining safe work environment and insure compliance with all safety practices in all business initiatives.
* Assist in transportation management, ensuring that all outbound shipments are timely and meet customer orders.
* Supervision of a three-shift operation with responsibility in training, coaching and accountability for hourly employees.
* Exchange information regularly with managers, supervisors, employees, and contract carrier.
* Ability to negotiate freight rates and work with motor carriers.
* Work with on-site contract carrier to ensure on-time deliveries.
* Active involvement in daily production meetings.
* Coordinate efforts at shared offsite warehouse
* Manage trailer utilizations, freight rates and shipping cost improvements
* Exhibit strong problem solving, decision making and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.