Patient Accounting Representative-Customer Service
McLaren Health Care
90069 - Revenue Cycle
Hours per 2 week pay period
Monday - Friday
Weekends and/or Holidays Required
On Call Required
McLaren Health Care is one of Michigan's fastest growing health systems. With 13 hospitals, annual revenues of over $3 billion, and a service area that covers 75% of the state, McLaren is committed to the highest levels of patient care.
McLaren Health Care is looking for Patient Account Representatives to join the Corporate Revenue Cycle Team. We have several opportunities for the right candidates.
Representatives will support the McLaren Health Care System subsidiaries and external customers and vendors as part of the Revenue Cycle Central Business Office.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Responsible for answering patient inquiries regarding their balances and to set up payment arrangements and for completing investigative work in order to resolve patient inquires.
1) Answers and responds to phone inquiries from patient and/or insurance carriers.
2) Works return mail and/or bankruptcy notices daily in order to update patient records.
3) Turnover patient accounts to bad debt by schedule.
4) Verifies new and/or additional insurance coverage when requesting a claim to be re/submitted to payer.
5) Works on a monthly aged trial balance report to validate patient balance.
6) Returns patient calls within one business day of patient leaving a message.
7) Researches and initiates refunds on patient balances that are overpaid.
Associate Degree in Health Care, Finance or related area and/or Medical Biller and/or Coder Certification
Proven skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word, Window based applications; and 10 key calculator
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9
Must be able to understand, explain, calculate, analyze and interpret the information reviewed daily
Work Location: The permanent work site will be at the McLaren Revenue Cycle Centralized Business Office located in Shelby Township.
NOTE: To further our mission of enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve, effective February 1, 2013,McLaren Health Care will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form. Cotinine
testing will be used to verify non-tobacco use. Individuals whose health screening results are verified positive for tobacco/nicotine use will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be rescinded, and they will be disqualified from reapplying
for employment for six (6) months from the date of the health screening.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Send This Job to a Friend
© All rights reserved