A Klein Company is looking to hire entry-level line striping apprentices and trainees to join our busy crew for the 2018 season (mid-March to early-December...pushed to April due to recent weather).
Our striping division operates out of the company warehouse and garage located in Waterford, Michigan.
We serve all of Southeast Michigan on a regular basis and other cities within the state of Michigan on a periodic basis.
Candidates must demonstrate high productivity skills and the ability to deal with and accommodate short notice mobilizations.
Candidates must have an "open schedule" during the season. Work is mostly performed overnight and short notice changes are always a possibility. Days off are cycled in, however.
While the focus of this role is to stripe parking lots, it also requires active participation in industrial cleaning projects when/where needed. This is a non-negotiable.
These are SEASONAL positions. Transitioning into a Project Person role after the striping season ends may be a possibility depending on the company's needs at the end of the season.
Individuals with an INTRApreneurial spirit are preferred for these entry-level positions. If you don't know what an intrapreneur is, we suggest that you look it up.
Pay is $12.00 to $14.00 an hour.
Parking Lot Striping Crew responsibilities that a trainee/apprentice is expected to assist with and develop during their employment:
- Maintains job sheets, receipts, other required paperwork, and photo documentation of completed projects.
- Checks each and every work order for accuracy and urgent deadlines.
- Maintains or exceeds established production standards.
- Makes sure all materials are available to complete each job.
- Makes sure all equipment and tools are in working condition for each job.
- Meets and communicates with the customers or contractors on a professional level.
- Makes sure the jobs are done to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates Effective Time Management
- Demonstrates Routine and Independent Problem-Solving
- Works with integrity and minimal supervision.
- Determines the priorities of work to be done.
- If a weather-related or other issues arise, must work collaboratively and proactively to alter the work schedule to minimize downtime and assure project completion.
- Works collaboratively and proactively with paving and seal coating contractor project managers to ensure project accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a high standard of the organization of all equipment and supplies in the GPS-tracked striping box truck and company warehouse areas.
- Follows all the security and access protocols of the company warehouse and office properties.
- Maintains accurate timekeeping of worked hours via a smartphone app.
- Maintains timely and RESPONSIVE contact with the main office, company owner, contractor personnel, and other supervisors as required.
- Manages inventory and supply tracking, reporting, and control.
- May be required to assist with other company-related services when and where needed (non-negotiable)