Original Footwear Co. is looking for a full-time Buyer to join its team in Big Rapids.
The right candidate will be responsible to select and purchase raw materials to provide a continuous supply of raw materials to meet production needs, while keeping inventories at an efficient level. Supports all Department of Defense contract requirements.
Essential job functions and responsibilities are as follows:
- Procures materials as required in recognition of various market places, production schedules, conditions and other variables, per specifications.
- Expedites shipping and delivery of materials and machinery as required.
- Monitors inventory levels to allow for optimum service with minimum investment to insure uninterrupted production.
- Monitor and document delivery commitments from suppliers.
- Insures products are sourced with reliable, quality conscience and competitive suppliers.
- Maintains the integrity of utilized reports and records as related to the material requirements planning system.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/ EEO goals and policies.
- Keeps SDS material updated on new and old materials ordered.