Power Line Supply Company is looking for a full-time Tool Technician to join its team in Reed City.
This is a technical repair position on all utility tooling reporting to the Production Supervisor. This position is considered a part of the dielectric testing and tool repair which will require a strong interpersonal skills, strong communication skill and detailed oriented.
This position is considered an hourly, the job requirements and your performance, will dictate the required hours to complete the necessary tasks with a minimum of 40 hours per week and weekend work may be required and overnight accommodations.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Tool Tech employee consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in handling materials, tools, supplies, and test equipment.
- Repair of mechanical and hydraulic tools.
- Assembly and repair of mechanical grounds.
- Able to read prints and schematics.
- Testing of hot line tools and grounds in facility and/or in the field at customer’s site.
- Dielectric Testing of Insulated Buckets and liners.
- Adhere to all current ASTM, ANSI and other applicable testing standards.
- Assist with Tool Inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for cash or company credit card and submits timely expense reports.
- Adhere to all safety regulations in the facility and during transit of testing equipment.