National Carbon Technologies is hiring an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic.
Summary of Principal Functions:
- 40-50 hours per week, along with weekends
- Works with vendors, contractors, engineers, and fellow employees
- Performs routine maintenance activities
- Safe Working Procedures are a must
- Assists with overall plant needs
- Safely and quickly troubleshoots and mechanical problems in a fast paced plant environment.
- Understands, records, and reacts to Mechanical issues within the plant.
- Monitors/documents required checklists related to maintenance procedures.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using shop instrumentation, equipment, and tools.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 5 or more years of industrial/manufacturing maintenance
- Experience with fabrication: welding, machining, metal working, etc.
- Ability to read blueprints, P&ID drawings, electrical and mechanical schematics
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Experience with mechanical aspects of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a 24/7 operational environment
- Must be able to work in areas of extreme heat and cold
- Must have experience or competencies in the operation of mobile equipment such as front end loaders and/or forklifts
- Familiarity with Metric to Decimal conversion