The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Troy is looking to hire experienced and new Housekeepers to join our team!! Do you have experience in hospitality, janitorial or environmental services?
We are looking for candidates with a passion for hospitality and a desire to "wow" our guests at every interaction.
Would you like to join a team-oriented, fast paced hotel and work on our team as our newest Housekeeper?
If you are interested, APPLY TODAY!!
Housekeeping is what gives our guests the "WOW" factor in our hotels. Providing a lasting first impression filled with the highest quality of hospitality service by ensuring guestrooms and public areas are cleaned to standard, anticipating guest(s) needs, and exceeding expectations.
High School Diploma or GED. Previous experience in Housekeeping preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy public atmosphere.
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and company.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times.
- Clean guestrooms to standards in allocated time frame (meeting required MPOR)
- Greet every customer with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting at 5 feet.
- Effectively operate and maintain (ex: clean and preventative maintenance) the hotel equipment related to daily tasks, examples of, but not limited to vacuums, carpet cleaners, telephones and televisions. Do not use unsafe defective equipment and report it to management immediately.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, room locations, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
- Provide the highest quality of customer service to the guest at all times.
- Represent efficiency and friendliness in a manner that leaves a lasting impression.
- Handle guest lost and found with fast response, notifying the front desk immediately to assure fast communication to the guest when possible.
- Complete the shift work Checklist, as assigned.
- Be aware of cleaning chemicals and how to respond to unexpected exposure of the product to eyes or open body services.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow employees. Report any injuries or unsafe conditions to the person-in-charge immediately.
- Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties and role.
- Other duties as assigned.
Public, business atmosphere, located within building in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with pushing up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to reach over your head and bend to the floor.