Under the supervision of the Manufacturing Manager, performs all tasks necessary to ensure customers receive quality parts in a timely manner. Performs start-ups, material set-up, and, regular visual inspection, gaging, problem-solving, ensures conformance with established acceptance criteria. Maintains a high level of accuracy in a clean and efficient manner.
The Process Technician is in charge of 1 or several Lines / IMM, which integrate different technologies (pneumatic, electrical, automation, mechanical and hydraulic)
Must possess knowledge and background in the automotive industry.
- Performs start-ups as required.
- Reports concerns to Manufacturiing Manager and provides follow up as requested.
- Performs the required inspection and SPC of all production at mold start-ups, and material changes, as identified in Company procedures.
- Performs inspections on last shot prior to mold change over.
- Audit variations to mold set-ups (air flow, oil leaks, water leaks, hoses connected), process-actual to process sheet, and process alarms.
- Performs all containment actions including identification of a “clean point” and coordinating the sorting of any suspect nonconforming products.
- Participate and coordinate real time root cause analysis in conjunction with other Team members.
- Authorized to shut down a press until the root cause and corrective actions are identified.
- Initiates tool work orders and obtain samples after verification of root cause analysis with support from the Team.
- Reviews applicable completed tool repairs to ensure the integrity of the product visually and dimensionally up to and including providing necessary paperwork.
- Checks all start up paperwork to ensure tools are manufacturing quality product.
- Provide information to Manufacturing Manager about possible issues with material such as low inventory or contamination.
- Clean the hoppers and dryers on molding machines.
- Responsible for material set-up at assigned press.
- Remove all previously run parts and material from the press. (This includes cleaning any parts from the rails and oil catch trays on the press.)
- Performs the required visual inspections per Work Instruction criteria and reports defects found to the Quality Technician.
- Packages, labels, and scans all molded product appropriately.
- Verifies the label is correct, per BO, and in proper location on the box.
- Reports scrap generated on daily basis to Manufacturing Manager.
- Responsible for 5-S in their assigned area by maintaining a clean and organized work area at all times, as well as ensuring all previously run parts and materials have been removed from the press area and any spilled product is cleaned immediately.
- Assists with physical inventory when necessary.
- Carries out other responsibilities as outlined in the company policies and procedures.
- Perform Corrective and Preventive Maintenance.