The Granule Manager will ensure that materials are safely manufactured and delivered effectively, efficiently, on-time, to specification and in a cost effective manner. This role will require a commitment to safety and a motivation to succeed through a proactive, flexible approach to manufacturing management as changes in business dictate. Must communicate effectively with peer departments and employees to coordinate and emphasize ever changing commitments and priorities. The Granule Manager builds and empowers the shop floor team that is competent, skilled, knowledgeable, and cooperative. Production activities, which includes but is not limited to contract review/capacity planning, planning and scheduling of workload, production control, and quality control.
The Granule Manager should have strong problem solving skills, experience in supply chain management, including expediting, lead-time reduction, inventory management, packaging and shipping. Manufacturing and process engineering exposure, including M&I flow, standard operations, plant layout, waste elimination, continuous improvement, engineering change control are additional competencies. Strong communication skills, including influencing, negotiation, and assertiveness and sound decision making skills as well as business judgment are essential to this position.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Production activities, which includes planning and scheduling of workload, production and quality control.
- Purchasing, which includes identifying potential parts and vendors to improve the crushing process, entering requisitions into the purchasing system as well as assisting in inventory management for equipment in your departments.
- Human Resource activities, which includes employee training and development, performance management and appraisals, discipline processes.
- Customer Service activities, which includes the effective maintenance of customer expectations and communication with customers at all times.
- Environmental, Health and Safety activities, which include the promotion, awareness and compliance to all EH&S standards and activities.
- Operational performance activities, which includes monitoring and management of production KPI’s, development and implementation of operational improvements, development of a high performance workforce and team
The Granule Manager is required to have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Sciences, 10 plus years of large industrial experience, and 5 plus years of mining experience. In addition, the Granule Manager should have:
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing experience in both discrete and continuous environments.
- Experience with the manufacturing functionality of ERP/MRP systems.
- Exposure to Quality Management systems and delivering against Customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key metrics (KPV’s/KPI’s) within a process and deliver to expectation.
- Preferred Six Sigma knowledge and exposure or Green Belt/Black Belt certification.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Must be capable of temporarily assuming Site Management role.
At SGI, our employees are our greatest asset. SGI offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, STD/LTD, tuition reimbursement, vacation package and paid holidays. Please apply online at www.specialtygranules.com.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status. SGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.
At Specialty Granules LLC , we believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and vacation package for all full-time permanent positions.
Specialty Granules LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer-sponsored visa (work permit).