Location: Iron Mountain, MI - North Central Region
Assist in management and operation of a Snap-on mobile retail store. Fully develop the assigned route to reach its maximum sales and customer service potential. Utilize diagnostic workstation, tool box configurator and promotional displays, and provide hands-on product demonstrations to answer questions, provide solutions, and ensure confidence in the technician's purchase. Work in tandem with the Snap-on company store manager to pre-qualify customers, complete tool storage and diagnostic surveys and provide solutions that are specific to each individual.
* Assist in service of customers on designated route.
* Provide service on products sold by the company.
* Assist in management of store operation to meet sales, margin and profit targets.
* Assist in maintaining accountability for sales and collections, and P&L.
* Assist in maintaining accountability for corporate assets in the form of cash, inventory, van and accounts receivable.
* Assist in operation of store in compliance with the Snap-on program.
* Work with store manager to increase revenue by leveraging supplemental product offerings, improving consumable product sales and executing special project sales of new product and equipment items.
* Assist in maintaining compliance with D.O.T. regulations, including pre- and post-trip inspections, Hours of Service and paperwork.
* Maintain mobile company store in pristine condition, as it serves as a showcase for the Snap-on franchise.
* Interact with other store managers, FPT managers, and zone manager to ensure coordination of programs and policies, and to share best practices.
* Assist with research and testing through the implementation of programs, promotions, products or techniques within the mobile company store operation. Provide feedback on their effectiveness.
* Assist with recruitment efforts.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Proven direct sales or sales management experience, preferably in route or outside sales. Retail experience a plus.
* Experience in business related positions.
* Valid driver's license. Ability to drive 16-20' vehicle 40-50% of the time.
* Ability to pass D.O.T. physical and maintain medical card.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently (below shoulder height), and more than 50 pounds occasionally (using available lifting device).
* Position requires knowledge and experience in the following areas.
- Product knowledge
- Asset management
- Business operations
- Computer proficiency
* Completion of Snap-on training programs.
* The following individual characteristics and competencies are particularly important:
- High energy level and highly motivated
- Results driven - set and achieve goals
- Strong communication skills-interpersonal, relationship building, presentations, verbal/written, listening
- Persuasive and influential
- Customer focused
- Strong core values