Job Opportunity: Workforce Services Specialist
Location: Iron County
Organization Overview: UPWARD Talent Council is a driving force in the competitive world of workforce development and economic prosperity. UPWARD Talent Council serves the 15 counties of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Job Summary: Workforce Services Specialists provide support to employers, job seekers, training institutions, partners, co-workers and the community by utilizing the Demand Driven Model. Talent Specialists function as a team to assist employers in filling their talent needs. The primary function of the role is to ensure the connection of UPWARD Talent Council to the business community by recruiting, identifying, upskilling, and matching job seekers with employer talent needs.
• While maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the workforce system, provide focused services to the talent pool within the given service area
• Enroll talent customers in appropriate workforce programs, managing a caseload as designated by the Workforce Services Manager
• Assess customer needs and develop a customized plan for overcoming barriers, acquiring new skills (if needed), and moving through a suitable career pathway
• Connect talent customers to appropriate community resources that will assist in removing barriers to employment
• Work collaboratively with additional team members to access training services and placement
Travel: There is a minimal amount of travel within the region with this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with others to create a productive environment
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other standard applications
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Highly motivated and target driven
• Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships
• Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
• Experience using computers for a variety of tasks
• Relevant work experience, preferred
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefit package