Expected Weekly Hours:
Job Description Details:
POSITION SUMMARY: Works in a collaborative environment to deliver excellent patient care under the direction of a licensed clinical professional in a clinic or practice environment. This team member is expected to facilitate all aspects of the patient visit experience, including: clinical duties such as room set up and patient preparation, performing office tests, taking vitals, collecting specimens, drawing blood and giving injections and immunizations. Cleans and sterilizes equipment. Charts patient interactions (e.g., chief complaint, medical history, medications, vital statistics, test results, etc.) in the patient's medical record (EMR/paper). Typically responsible for some administrative duties including checking patients in and out, scheduling referrals and follow-ups, obtaining signatures, taking phone calls and providing lab results. May perform limited special procedures and treatments as trained and directed.
1. High School diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of a certified Medical Assistant program of study through an accredited medical assistant program that includes medical terminology coursework.
2. Graduate of a Licensed Practical Nursing Program, preferred.
3. Medical Assistant Certification/Registration. Acceptable credentials: CMA, RMA, NCCT or CCMA. New hires without CMA or RMA must become Registered or Certified within the first 90 days of employment.
4. BLS Certification required.
5. Licensed Practical Nurses – are preferred in some practices based on the nature of the work.
8-5 variable M-F