Safie foods has been in the food production industry for over 75 years, overcoming many challenges and beating out the competition year after year. Safie foods is a family-oriented business, with a culture that is focused on the safety of its workers and the development of teams. We are a growing business, that is seeking people who are passionate for what they do and want a long-term career.
The individual will be responsible for performing processing, packaging, sanitation, and custodial duties associated with the preparation and manufacturing of fresh vegetables. The ability to follow instructions, adhere to Food Safety rules and regulations, as well as possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to be successful in this position.
- Promote and strive to maintain a positive, supportive culture that is team-oriented, including being self-driven, motivated, accepting responsibility, completing assigned work, and participating in the work in a proactive manner.
- Treat all employees with respect and address employee concerns promptly.
- Consistently meet production standards of assigned work.
- Recognize, report and, if possible, correct any unsafe work conditions
- Execute tasks with little or no supervision.
- Adhere to established Safety, GMP, and Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Attend training and other company meetings.
- Ensure work area is clean and organized.
- Report to work as scheduled.
- When needed, assist new employees and line leaders.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a positive relationship with all company employees.
- 1 to 3 years of established work experience.
- Experience in food preparation and handling a plus.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Physical and Work Environment Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where temperatures can get up to 100 degrees consistently throughout the day.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment
- Ability to work around heavy machinery in a safe and proactive matter.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs periodically, and 20 lbs consistently throughout the day. This includes the ability to bend, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, push, and grasp consistently involving these lifting abilities throughout the day.
- Ability to work in a wet environment where safety equipment is constantly worn.
Whats in it for You
- The opportunity to work in a fun environment that is team and family oriented.
- The opportunity to receive overtime for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
- Employee/employer contributed health benefits.
- The chance to develop a new skill set and move up within the company.
- Pay Range $12-$16 depending on experiance.
- 1st shift is 5AM to 1PM 2nd shift is 12PM to 8PM
At Will Acknowledgement
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
For more background on our company please follow this link to see how we started and continue to grow,