The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Troy is looking for an experience Breakfast Attendant to join its team!! Are you outgoing, friendly, and enjoy interacting with guests? Apply to be our Breakfast Attendant today!!
Providing a lasting impression filled with the highest quality of hospitality service. Beginning with guest reservations and to continue through the checkout process, it is every employee’s duty and passion to see that all guest needs will be handled in an efficient, gracious and professional manor.
High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the English language.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and public atmosphere.
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations.
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and company.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times.
- Greet every customer with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting at 5 feet.
- Directly responsible for Overall Guest Satisfaction and Applicable Customer Service/Food and Beverage Scores.
- Utilize aggressive hospitality to ensure the best guest experience. Float throughout breakfast area to enhance guest experience.
- Report all instances of guest dissatisfaction to management for resolution and tracking.
- Make sure that all food items are prepared and in correct area on time and refilled as needed. Check food before placing in guest area to ascertain the appearance, temperature and portions are correct. Constantly spot check food to ensure that food served meets quality standards.
- Keep breakfast area cleaned throughout service. Clean breakfast area and kitchen daily.
- Be knowledgeable of food items and ingredients. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the items in a direct, concise way. Know the use records.
- Ensure that proper food sanitation practices are followed. Adhere to all local, city, county and state health codes.
- Complete food waste logs daily or as needed to track food spoilage, waste and any foods not prepared to standards.
- Assist with Cost Control: prepare food amounts to projected use based on occupancy, inform management of items running low; and complete Inventory, as assigned.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
- Provide the highest quality of customer service to the guest at all times.
- Represent efficiency and friendliness in a manner that leaves a lasting impression.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow employees. Use wet floor signs, as required. Use personal protective equipment. Report any injuries or unsafe conditions to the person-in-charge immediately.
- Complete the shift work Checklist as assigned.
- Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties and role.
- Assist other departments as needed: laundry, housekeeping, and front desk.
- Other duties as assigned.
Public, business atmosphere in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance, moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.