This position will include duties and responsibilities related to positions including Assistant For - Construction Project Manager / Estimator / Productivity Manager / Safety Officer
The purpose of this position may vary depending on what level the candidate falls on the skill/experience spectrum of the ideal candidate skill sets as listed below. It can range from being an assistant/ intern to a full blown experienced estimator/project manager. Ideally the candidate would be willing to work either in the office or in the field depending upon market demand for our construction services.
The list below is the ideal candidate. Candidates do not need possess all or necessarily most of the skill sets as listed below. Depending on experience and ability the company can adjust and train the new candidate as required. The list does, however, give candidates an idea of what kind of work will be required and what kind of skill sets that will need to be learned. Of course the more of the skill sets and experience that match up the better. Many other factors will be considered besides the desired skill sets as listed below.
Computer Literate & Familiar or Proficient With:
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook/Email, Power Point;
- Microsoft Project (Scheduling);
- Chief Architect or Equal (CAD Software);
- AUTOCAD Light (CAD Software);
- QuickBooks or Other Bookkeeping Software;
- PDF Programs Such As Adobe;
- Google Chrome or Equal / Google Docs / Gmail / Google Earth / Etc.;
- Ability to Install and Learn New Programs as Necessary;
- Ability to Work on a Network in a Windows Environment.
Construction Industry Specific Experience:
- Experience Working Hands-On Within Multiple Construction Trades (i.e. Carpentry, Masonry, Concrete, Site Work, Etc.);
- Ability to Read and Understand Plans & Specifications;
- Ability to Perform Estimate, or Take Off;
- Familiarity or Knowledge of General Construction Contract Documents Such as Owner Contractor Agreements, Subcontractor Agreements, Purchase Orders, Proposals, Formal Bid Documents, & Change Orders;
- Familiarity or Knowledge of MIOSHA / OSHA Safety Standards;
- Familiarity or Knowledge of Construction Building Codes;
- Familiarity or Knowledge of Construction Job Cost Accounting;
- Familiarity or Knowledge of Construction Surveying & Layout;
- Construction Design Experience.
- Familiarity or Knowledge of Construction Scheduling (CPM Method)