Reporting to the Manager of US Automation and Controls West, this position is responsible for providing technical support to field operation teams, engineering, construction, and management to ensure the safety and reliability of the compressor stations and providing support for the proper design, construction, operation, and maintenance of controls systems for compressor stations, and other related facilities.
* Perform engineering or engineering-related studies requiring the application of company, governmental and industry codes, standards, procedures and guidelines;
* Provide engineering and construction/project management assistance to field teams and the Engineering and Construction group;
* Act as a resource for field teams to identify and resolve problems, analyze malfunctions, make modifications or repairs, and provide assistance where needed;
* Maintain Asset Management Plans, Integrity Plans, and Facility Management Plans;
* Provide technical guidance, instruction and assistance related to the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and modifications of HMI, communications, control, monitoring and analyzing equipment;
* Provide technical input in the design/construction/modification of electrical and control systems at compressor facilities;
* Analyze automation schedules and construction plans in order to determine their effect on existing Company facilities and operations;
* Investigate, analyze and make recommendations related to the integrity and/or efficiency of equipment;
* Maintain and expand expertise in accordance/conjunction with current and emerging technology. Remain cognizant of how and what leading edge control technology is being applied (or not applied) and implement change to ensure the most efficient and effective operations are maintained ;
* Be a conduit for information sharing by communicating best practices, improvement opportunities, new technologies and general information to others in the organization;
* Promote and provide for standardization among field operations including the standardization of equipment, maintenance functions, programs, and consistent application of procedures;
* Support the organization and implementation of the Field Technician Qualification (FQP) and Operator Qualification programs by assisting with setting performance standards and criteria for the EI&C skill family;
* Provide mentoring and verification services for the field teams in accordance with the established procedures of the Operator Qualification programs;
* Provide technical guidance and participate in planning, providing and reviewing EI&C related technical training;
* Monitor Data Acquisition systems and related computer equipment, and coordinate any software modifications;
* Audit facilities to insure compliance with Company Standards, Policies and Procedures, and governmental and industry codes;
* Provide for the archival of automation program software and current backups;
* Coordinate EI&C roundtables;
* Coordinate service representatives' visits/support;
* Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
* Must have a good operating knowledge of various PLC and HMI platforms;
* Recognized in the company as a technical leader in the controls field;
* Demonstrated superior organizational skills and proven ability to manage large scale projects;
* Must possess effective analytical and troubleshooting skills;
Please apply to this posting by 02/19/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter Reference Code 47782. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Marquette
Nearest Secondary Market: Northern Michigan
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Electrical Engineering, Facilities, Compliance, Engineering, Operations, Legal.
Employer's Job# F6BDD427-06D2-4
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.