**NOW HIRING: Senior Controls Engineers $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Controls Engineer, Hudsonville, MI –
Altron Automation is a custom manufactured automated machinery company in West Michigan. We are all about quality, dedication and integrity. We design, build and execute all in-house, located in Hudsonville, Michigan. Included in our capabilities are advanced manufacturing systems, test equipment, reinforced plastics and prototyping. For more than 30 years we’ve been designing solutions and creating automation with the very best service and engineering team. Delivering results with pristine accuracy is essential to us.
This position is responsible for complete electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic design of custom manufactured automated machinery. This includes, but is not limited to, design, programming and troubleshooting. This is a full time role.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises CAD Operators and Engineering Assistants, as required.
- Gathers information necessary to initiate design.
- Determines the extent and type of controls required to construct the assigned machine(s).
- Sizes all electric, pneumatic and hydraulic components.
- Contacts vendors for information needed.
- Programs logic controllers and any other components necessary including, but not limited to, robots, servo drivers, displays and remote interfaces.
- Progresses with designs of multiple machines.
- Reviews, resolves and investigates opportunities that arise pertaining to active jobs.
- Reviews procedures and makes suggestions for company standards procedures.
- Generates bills of material, controls schematics and software required for controls construction.
- Maintains network files as required for the controls design department.
- Evaluates new and/or additional software.
- Reviews with mechanical engineering intent for machine construction.
- Directly supervises and participates in the construction of machine manuals.
- Gathers all appropriate literature required for the construction of machine manuals.
- Resolves problems encountered by manufacturing.
- Troubleshoots machines at the customer’s facility. Time may be considerable depending on the complexity of the machine(s).
- Conducts operator and maintenance training (may be required at the customer’s facility).
- Travel as needed (may include international travel).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering-related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in controls design and engineering.
- Strong troubleshooting skills essential.
- Strong understanding of hardware engineering for end of line vehicle equipment.
- Prefer 3 years of experience in AutoCAD Electrical.
- Advanced mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with supervisory skills.
- Strong in ability to read controls schematics.
- Strong experience and ability to draw controls schematics.
- Able to use AutoCAD drafting on PC’s (Siemens a plus).
- Able to program for Allen Bradley controllers.
- High Level of ability in machine building practices (wiring, plumbing, etc.).
- Knowledge of machine control practices.
- Required to have a general knowledge of industry products.
- Knowledge of local distributors of products.
- Willing and able to travel as needed (20% highly preferred).
- Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goal and exercises team effort to achieve success.
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Thoughtful and respects peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers; able to work in multicultural environments.
- Handles pressure well with a positive attitude.
- Prioritizes and handles many tasks simultaneously and has demonstrated organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Takes pride in company and has concern for corporate image.
- General housekeeping of work areas.
See more about us at www.altronautomation.com