You will provide EXCEPTIONAL Customer Service to Every Customer, Every Time, Every Day as well as live our company Values & by our Customer Service model. You will perform daily required Department tasks. Previous experience is preferred but training can & will be provided to the right Candidate!
Meat/Seafood Clerks (Work experience credit available) ... 2 Positions available (Meat/Seafood) ... can expect to work 12-24 hours per week regulary; some weeks may lend to more hours if you have the availability to fill those needs.
In the Meat/Seafood Dept. we need someone who can work as early as 12 pm and as late as 11 pm, shifts ranging from 4 hours to 8.5 hours depending on the needs of the department; must be available Sunday & Saturday, no exceptions! Must be able to fit at least 50 lbs repeatedly without assistance; as more often that not you will be breaking down the truck.
Please note ... I am hiring to fill the position’s/department's scheduling needs; the needs require you to be flexible in regards to availability. The needs in this department change on a week to week basis meaning there is no consistency in scheduling.
You will also likely work every weekend & Holiday that we are open & the only day Kroger is closed is Christmas Day.
The minimum number of hours per week is 12 & the maximum is 34 as a part-time employee; though you can expect 12-24 on a regular basis in this department.
** PLEASE make sure to include *ALL* of your previous Work &/or Military Experience for the last 10 years. When I make an application for a Work Experience Credit determination they will not use a Resume & will *ONLY* use the information in the Work History portion of the application to make this *FINAL* determination that could effect your starting rate of pay significantly. **
Also if you are not close to the Rochester Hills area please apply to stores closer to your home. I can not guarantee a starting wage above $9.35 per hour so it is to your benefit to work as close to your home as possible!
This is how this recruiting process works & it is a process . I do not have access to applications at store level until I interview you and request it OR you have been through the Recruiting process and scheduled into one of my In-store interview times.
* You first express interest in this job here at MITalent.org . (This is not an application for employment at Kroger.)
* Then you apply for the position with Kroger at: https://jobs.kroger.com .
* Then your application goes to the company's recruiting team; it can take up to 1 week for them to get through applications, go over them & make decisions who to Phone screen & phone interview.
[If you want it to go quicker; email me once you have your application on file at https://jobs.kroger.com and we can set up an In-store interview. ]
If you make it to being recruited & the phone interview goes well they may try to schedule for an in-store interview. Please check your email frequently, the recruiting team sends out an email asking interested parties to call for a Phone Screening.
How To Apply:
Go to http://jobs.kroger.com to Apply for employment at Kroger. Use the Filter option to find the stores nearest you using your HOME ZIPCODE.
* If you do not live close to the Rochester Hills Store; when you apply online please use the FILTER box at the top of the page; type in your Home Zip Code & the MAX distance you will travel to from work. Then apply to the stores that pop up in that Search; you do have to apply to each store you are interested in. *
Complete Candidate Profile - please note the Candidate profile looks an awful lot like a job application but it is not; once you have completed and submitted the Candidate Profile, you have to go back out to the main page, re-filter using zip code your zip code and the click on one of the open job requisitions for the store you are interested in applying to.
Fill out the entire application ; include *ALL*work experience for the last 10 years (could effect starting pay)
After completing both parts of the process, please contact me once you have finished the application as I often have Open Interview times we can get you scheduled into.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will provide excellent customer service on a daily basis to each & every customer. Other details are part of official Job description and can be requested (must send me your personal email address to get).
The fact that this is a retail job requires you to be available on weekends, Holidays & nights as needed ! There are no exceptions, you must have weekend, night & Holiday availability to be employed at this store. We use Sonority based scheduling; which means that Full-time & more senior Part-time associates will get the earlier shifts. Please do not apply if you do not have these days/times available! Feel free to check with other Kroger stores around your house as they may have different needs than this store has but this availability is a general need for most all Kroger stores.
If you are interested and would like more information about the positions available feel free to email me for that information and job descriptions. Also, please note; ALL Kroger stores in Michigan are hiring so … if there is a Kroger store closer to your home feel free to apply to the requisitions for that store!
Qualifications and Skills
Previous experience is preferred but not required.
* You must be willing to submit to a Drug Test and Background check.
* Employment is Contingent upon you passing both a background check and a drug test.
* You must have documentation to prove your right to work in the US if an offer is made.
* You must have Night, Weekend & Holiday availability or I do not have a position available that will fit your availability needs! We use seniority based scheduling which means people with more seniority get the day shifts.
* You must be able and willing to communicate via email; ALL communication is done via email after the initial reach out by Phone by the recruiting team. *
Many Discounts are available from the time you get your first pay check and great benefits including medial, dental, optical & prescription insurance as well as paid time off become available when you have hit the length of service & any additional requirements to qualify.