Ability to work independently and with staff member's. Excellent communication skills, professional appearance, good organization skills, and computer knowledge is mandatory.
This position is responsible for all daily administrative activities involved in the orthotics/prosthetic department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain and accurately input all necessary information from new customers to include, but not limited to, name, address, diagnosis, physician, product needs, and insurance information to generate clean orders and accurate billing
- Entry of products into Condor system ensuring Company profit margin guidelines are met
- Answering incoming phone calls to department
- Obtain verbal or written orders from physicians prior to order generation, as required by insurance and company policies
- Obtain and document all necessary authorizations needed for customer order generation prior to dispensing items to customer's.
- Print daily unconfirmed report to investigate and complete orders that have been generated and not confirmed
- Contacting customers with products have been received by the company and scheduling an appointment for customer pick up
- Manage and process the distribution of incoming mail and the Orthotics E-doc work que on a daily basis to determine the next step for documents that have been received in
- Read, understand and act on e-mails that have been forwarded to the employee regarding updated insurance guidelines, in service or staff meeting attendance requirements, general information etc
- Check customer fitting rooms after each customer to make sure room is clean and appropriately stocked for next customer
- Maintain customer waiting area to make sure it is clean and neat at all times
- Maintain good communication with customers and staff.