Job Title Platform Cyber Security EngineerLocation Sterling Heights (Main), MIRelocation NoPotential for Deployment NoRequisition Number SHC-LF-17-19926Job Function Engineering - Systems Required Education Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science Required Major Computer Science
Computer Science & Engineering
EngineeringJob Description Innovation is in Our DNA
General Dynamics Land Systems is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles around the world. Our primary focus is partnering with those who protect our freedom to ensure their readiness for tomorrow.
General Dynamics Land Systems' innovation has resulted in increased survivability, greater fire power, unmatched mobility and enhanced battlefield effectiveness made possible by capabilities and products prepared and ready for whatever threat the military faces.
We have a strong foundation of delivering innovative engineering and production capabilities to our clients across the military vehicle spectrum. Our team is focused on continuous process and productivity improvements that provide our clients with solutions, while reducing costs and speeding up delivery for urgent requirements.
The Abrams Main Battle Tank, the Stryker and LAV Family of Vehicles, Specialty Wheeled Vehicles, and the AJAX armoured fighting vehicles, provide the DNA our customers need to defend freedom around the world.
* Support the development of current and next generation cyber hardened military vehicle architectures
* Perform security research on military vehicle electronics in order to identify security vulnerabilities
* Perform security scans against military vehicle electronics
* Provide guidance on security scan results to military vehicle engineers
* Interpret US Government Cyber Security Standards and best practices, and apply towards military vehicle platforms
* Work with US Government Cyber Security personnel, to include civilian and military to identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities
* Make recommendations concerning the overall improvement of military vehicle security posture through the proactive discovery of security weaknesses using penetration-testing techniques
* Provide guidance on security controls and assist in troubleshooting problem areas as needed
* Perform testing using defined methodologies and a combination of automated and manual tools
* Demonstrate critical thinking and creative analysis techniques in distilling test results, eliminating false positives and providing actionable recommendations for mitigationJob Requirements REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree with a minimum of 10 years applicable experience. Fewer years will be considered with an advanced degree.
* Familiarity with embedded systems, automotive or military electronics (or equivalent)
* Familiarity with carrying out penetration testing
* Must be able to adapt immediately to changing business rules, program direction, and workflows
* Must have ability to balance multiple tasks and assignments
* Must be proficient in the Windows operating system
* Must be able to work effectively in teams
* Occasional travel will be required.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* Experience conducting reverse engineering to find security vulnerabilities in embedded devices and their associated firmware
* Previous security research experience
* Previous vehicle architecture development experience
* Previous embedded system development experience
* Experience carrying out security testing
* Familiarity with web based penetration testing
* Competency with security testing tools and procedures for information security
* Extensive technical computer/network/vehicle knowledge and understanding of computer/military vehicle hardware, software, networks, communications and connectivity
* Experience with social networks / social engineering vulnerabilities
* Experience with and/or knowledge of technologies used to secure embedded systems
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.