Vantage Plastics in Standish, Michigan is a family-owned custom thermoforming company seeking an Engineering Manager to lead the department through a continued season of growth. Over this past year, Vantage Plastics has completed a facility expansion and increased the number of employees to meet the growth of the business. The person selected for this position will be a key decision maker with autonomy for engineering improvements throughout the entire company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consistently demonstrate company core values: Servant Heart, Humbly Confident, All Actions with Integrity, and Purse Opportunities to Drive Forward
- Oversee the development of the engineering department which is focused on equipment, manufacturing process, and tooling improvements.
- Manage and direct an engineering and technical support staff, addressing conflicts and issues as they occur. Engineering team includes Project Engineers, Process Engineer, Designers, and Tooling Technicians.
- Work strategically with Operations, HR, and other departments to establish optimal equipment and facilities performance standards.
- Assign resources and participate as needed in Innovation Teams for product development and process improvements.
- Review and implement a variety of project requests and drive timely implementation for approved projects. This will include the coordination of projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals, and directing the integration of technical activities.
Qualifications and Skills
Four-year degree in Engineering or related discipline required
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
Working knowledge of ISO 9001
Proficiency in Solidworks
- Medical: choose from 3 Blue Care Network plans
- Dental: Delta Dental
- Vision: VSP
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Health Savings Account offered with HDHP
- Vacation Time