The city of Evart is accepting resumes for a part-time Department of Public Works Administrative Assistant.
This position performs a variety of highly responsible complex and advanced secretarial and clerical work requiring knowledge of a special field. Duties are varied and are carried out with a high degree of confidentiality, discretion and independent judgment. Considerable knowledge of city policies and procedures are required at this level.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for the position.
- Manages administrative support functions and more complex tasks including establishing relative priorities of current and anticipated workload and organizing and conducting assignments according to deadlines.
- May be required to draft Public Works RFP’s.
- Sets up office systems including file maintenance, mail distribution and correspondence deadlines, and project management.
- Prepares and composes letters, reports and correspondence on own initiative about administrative matters and general office policies for supervisor’s approval.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs or establishes procedures for all clerical functions and actions including phones, filing, general word processing, tracking of information, maintaining departmental logs, and other similar administrative support.
- Prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc., Under general direction.
- Ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members; ensures that information is furnished in a timely manner; decides whether a higher authority should be notified of important or emergency matters. Requires rational, independent thought process. Professionalism in dealing with regulatory matters.
- Periodically evaluates process and program effectiveness and take action to maintain continuous improvement.
- Serves as purchasing agent for public works equipment and capital improvement purchases.
- Drafts and review Public Works contracts.
- Provides pertinent and timely information for the city newsletter and website.
- Coordinates permit issuance process including coordinating with contractors and permit tracking and reporting.
- Reviews public works timesheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures, and contributes to the safety of co-workers and the general public.
- Participates as an active Public Works team member by contributing to program development and organization planning.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that clearly shows effective communication and cooperation and that promotes open exchange of information, respect, high ethical standards and professionalism.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner.