DESCRIPTIONWho We Are
Brilliance Creative Services (BCS) is a diverse, creative team with a background in publishing dedicated to developing customer/author centered design solutions through creative visual communication. We work with global teams within Amazon Publishing/Kindle to create some of the publishing industry's most visually compelling digital campaigns.
Our mission is to be the most customer-centric group of creative thinkers, dreamers and doers. This manifests itself through visual design, branding, photography, video, advertising and user experience design.
In publishing, the story is where it all begins. We believe there should be a story behind every campaign. That's where the work of BCS starts-from building strategy to executing beautiful designs.
Who You Are
We are looking for a talented, customer-focused graphic designer that can bring these campaigns to life through digital design. The ideal candidate has a varied portfolio spanning personal projects and professional-level work that reflects a strong individual sense of aesthetics and an ability to conceptualize stylish, elevated ideas. Your primary focus will be to create elegant, on-brand designs that provide a superior retail experience while working in close collaboration with art directors, UX designers, site merchandizers, product management, business teams, and designers across international locations.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic, works well under pressure, and thrives in a deadline-driven environment. This position requires strong organizational skills, digital expertise, intrinsic design abilities, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential.
An online portfolio of work is required.
* Design compelling digital marketing promotional graphics
* Contribute to new and exciting projects that stretch the imagination of design and publishing.
* Create customer-centric designs by integrating marketing objectives, target audience, and creative assets
* Optimize digital images for responsive design
* Develop clean and effective graphic templates and style guides
* Fulfill multiple project requests while meeting and prioritizing tight deadlines
* Support internal Amazon teams throughout the development of campaigns to ensure the highest degree of detail and polish
* Present design work to site merchandising team, the user experience team, and executives for review and feedback
* Ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process related issues.
* Ability to communicate strategies and pitch ideas, with program stakeholders.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS* A remarkable portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong creative vision
* At least two years of full-time work experience in web design / graphic design in a business / agency environment
* Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
* Demonstrated compositional and typographical skills
* Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for the web and web-based devices, as demonstrated in your online portfolio
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS* Experience designing visually stunning, interactive, frontend user experiences for digital devices
* A deep appreciation for simple solutions to complex problems
* Ability to actively participate in giving/receiving constructive feedback during creative presentations and design reviews
* Ability to articulate your creative thinking
* Knowledge of information architecture, usability, UX, and UI Design
* Project management experience including the ability to articulate how design meets requirements in a creative brief
* Interest in latest design and technology trends
* Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
* Strong communication skills
* Self-motivated and capable of working independently
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Orientation