We are seeking an organized, efficient, flexible, energetic, and personable individual for the part-time position of assistant manager at our ReStore. This is an opportunity for a retail professional who wants to apply his/her skills to raise funds to support a successful non-profit organization. This position is 25-35 hours per week.
This position will report to and will assist the Executive Director in creating and implementing store policies and processes. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and problem solving skills, a creative approach to sorting donated goods and stocking the ReStore, continually rotating stock and an ability to develop relationships with donors and potential donors, staff and volunteers. This is a great opportunity for someone who would enjoy identifying and implementing unique ways to sell and market a wide range of donated goods.
Some of the assistant manager’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and managing store employees and volunteer staff under the direction of the Executive Director, including creating staffing schedules, identifying and communicating tasks, policies and procedures and ensuring successful completion
- Positively communicating with prospective donors, customers and volunteers
- Open and closing register procedures and record keeping
- Store budget and expense tracking
- Inventory tracking and management
- Facebook and social media management
- Setting appropriate pricing including researching values on unique items
- Cash register operation and training and oversight of all cash receipts and management
- Provide superior customer service to donors and customers
- Other duties as identified