We are seeking an organized, efficient, flexible, energetic, and personable individual for the part-time position of assistant manager at our ReStore. This is an opportunity for a retail professional who wants to apply his/her skills to raise funds to support a successful non-profit organization. This position is 20-30 hours per week.
This position will report to the store manager and will assist in creating store policies and processes. The ideal candidate will have a creative approach to staging the showroom, rotating stock and an ability to develop relationships with donors and potential donors. This is a great opportunity for someone who would enjoy identifying and implementing unique ways to sell and market a wide range of donated goods.
Some of the assistant manager’s responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and managing store employees and volunteer staff under the direction of the store manager, including creating staffing schedules, identifying and communicating tasks and responsibilities and ensuring successful completion
- Positively communicating with prospective donors
- Open and closing register procedures and record keeping
- Store budget and expense tracking
- Inventory tracking and management
- Setting appropriate pricing including researching values on unique items
- Cash register operation and training and oversight of all cash receipts and management
- Provide superior customer service to donors and customers
- Other duties as identified