Project Service, Inc. is currently accepting resumes for an EMT/Security Guard in the Quinnesec, MI area. This is a FULL TIME position with rotating shifts. Must be EMT for consideration. Pay range is $15.02-$18.75/hr.
Job Summary Observes and reports activities associated with site access via the main entrance/lobby at client location. Actively screens all entrants to the client property to determine all requirements for access are met and that there is a legitimate purpose of each individual to gain access to the site. Has a thorough knowledge of the site access software program and is able to create access proximity cards for client employees and visitor badges for non-client personnel. Understands all requirements for site access and enforces these requirements in a professional manner. Candidate must possess excellent people skills and telephone practices.
Summary of essential job functions
- Controls access to client site facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client contract vendors in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its plant protection department.
- Operates the client phone system in a proficient and professional manner.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as request by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; operates remote access software for main entrance/exit doors; in a courteous but firm manner directs persons who violate established safety procedures.
- Prepares clear and descriptive logs and reports required by the site; writes reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar. Keeps logs up to date and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to the plant protection supervisor for communication to client representatives, company management, as appropriate for the circumstances as required but the site.
- Takes appropriate main entrance actions for incidents of medical emergency, fire, hazardous material spills, bomb threat, confined space rescue, elevator emergencies, inclement weather and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site by the company.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accordance with client standards; identify client products, tools and materials to prevent unauthorized removal.
- Operates various computer applications proficiently with the proper training to facilitate new and existing operations as requested by the client.
- New Hire start entry level must be EMT(Emergency Medical Technician) for consideration. Required to advance through levels, H inspector, Medical, Fire, Hazmat and Trainer for pay increases.
- Must pass background and drug test, internal interviews and initial fire brigade physical with 5 year re-certification.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills.
- Must be proficient with computers.
- Preferred knowledge of Paper Mills and fire suppression and metering.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants that are already Fire Fighters.
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend all written instruction and labeling/signage associated with job
- High school diploma
- Self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and demonstrates such
- Abide by Project Service Inc. Company and Employee Policy Manual
- Follow safety and site procedures of client
- Be an At Will employee
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Must hold a valid drivers license
Disclaimer The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.