Project Service Inc (PSI) is currently hiring full time Security Officers in the Quinnesec, MI area. Must pass interview, background check, drug test and physical requirements. Starting pay is $15.00/hour. Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401K and paid holidays/vacation/sick time. $1,000 sign-on bonus available.
Special consideration will be given to retired law enforcement, corrections, military or equivalent experience.
Job Summary: Observes and reports activities associated with site access via the main entrance/various gates at client location. Actively screens all entrants to the client property to determine all requirements for access are met and that there is a legitimate purpose of each individual to gain access to the site. Has a thorough knowledge of the site access software program and is able to create access proximity cards for client employees and visitor badges for non-client personnel. Understands all requirements for site access and enforces these requirements in a professional manner. Candidate must possess excellent people skills and telephone practices.
- Controls access to client site facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client contract vendors in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility.
- Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its plant protection department.
- Operates the client’s phone system in a proficient and professional manner.
- Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; operates remote access software for main entrance/exit doors; directs persons who violate established safety procedures in a courteous but firm manner.
- Prepares clear and descriptive logs and reports required by the site; writes reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar. Keeps logs up to date and takes action as required.
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to the plant protection supervisor for communication to client representatives, company management, as appropriate for the circumstances as required by the site.
- Takes appropriate actions for incidents of medical emergency, fire, hazardous material spills, bomb threat, confined space rescue, elevator emergencies, inclement weather and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site by the company.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accordance with client standards; identify client products, tools and materials to prevent unauthorized removal.
- Operates various computer applications proficiently with the proper training to facilitate new and existing operations as requested by the client.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills.
- Must be proficient with computers.
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend all written instruction and labeling/signage associated with job
- Self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and demonstrates such
- Abide by Project Service Inc. Company and Employee Policy Manual
- Follow safety and site procedures of client
- Be an “At Will” employee
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
Disclaimer: This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by persons within this job classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all the duties required to perform the job. Additional duties may be required to perform the job effectively.