TITLE: Lead Quality Inspector - First Shift
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide technical quality support to the Quality and Engineering Departments with an emphasis on product testing and evaluation. Outcomes of this position would be the highest confidence in the effectiveness of our Quality Assurance Program.
- Complete product testing, evaluation and reporting per testing schedule.
- Complete daily departmental reports and paperwork for floor inspection, molding inspection, and rework/repack area.
- Serve as a technical resource to QC department inspectors and Floor Supervisors for the daily QC activities.
- Analyze noncompliance and scrap trends, develop improvement plans in conjunction with Quality Manager and Operations.
- Work on continuous improvement activities assigned by Quality Manager by serving as a technical resource and team member in planning quality systems, procedures and methodologies to assure the quality and safety for new and existing product lines.
- Assist in facility inspections as required in accordance with internal requirements.
- Support the Quality Manager in planning plant quality systems, procedures and methodologies to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Train others to use and support implementation of the developed quality and safety systems, standards, auditing, quality tools and other topics as needed.
- Back up for other quality department functions in his/her absence.
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Manager or Plant Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Some college related coursework preferred.
Experience: Minimum 5 years manufacturing product experience required preferably as a Quality Inspector, Quality Technician, or related Quality Position. Injection molding manufacturing processes experience required.
Skills: This individual must possess excellent organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to work with a PC and have demonstrated math/statistical computation skills. Knowledge of SPC; the ability to work safely around equipment; the ability to compile, analyze and present data in summary form as well as being capable of performing a variety of tests following detailed protocols. Must be able to communicate technical, scientific, and regulatory information, both written and verbally. Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to make presentations, facilitate meetings, probe for root cause, and provide training to various groups with in the organization and have knowledge of quality problem solving tools.
About American Plastic Toys:
For over 50 years, American Plastic Toys has proudly designed and manufactured fun, safe, high quality, value priced toys in the United States. We have three facilities located in Michigan and another in Mississippi. Our products are sold at all major retailers where toys are sold as well as online.
American Plastic Toys offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Profit Sharing Plan, 401K, Tuition reimbursement and much more!
To be part of a stable and rapidly growing company that offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions, we invite you to submit your resume for immediate consideration. Please ensure that your resume reflects a detailed account of your skills as they relate to the requirements of this position. We are looking for candidates with progressively increasing levels of responsibility. Salary requirements must be included.
Equal Opportunity Employer