Weyerhaeuser is accepting applications for an HMI IT Specialist responsible for the technical support of desktops, laptops, client devices, networks, servers, printer's specialty equipment security, access control and HMI systems. Manages, maintains, and troubleshoots Process Control Hardware and Software and ensures the effective operation and utilization of process control systems to include Instrumentation, PLC, HMI, Wonder ware. Responsible for the design, implementation, and optimization of process control applications, variability reduction, and the optimization of the controlled process. This position is part of a team that drives safety, reliability, and unit profitability improvement initiatives.
Accountable for personal safety and for improving the safety of the facility including the safety of contractors working on the mill site. Has the ability to safely move about the plant including stairs, ladders and elevated platforms. Assist all plant departments and external suppliers to specify, design and develop improvements in the site processes and methods. Lead and/or support project task teams to achieve plant objectives in a safe and timely manner. Provide coaching and guidance to mill team members to support continuous improvement in our high performance culture. Lead and use capital processes (PACE) for developing and implementing mill capital projects. Interface with operations and maintenance to continuously improve mill operations. Serve as a liaison on systems implementation. Assist with Operator/Technician training & documentation maintenance. Provide troubleshooting support plant-wide. Provide electrical system design, standards, technical documentation and drawings. The position calls for the ability to work evenings and weekends to support systems as required. The successful candidate will have the ability to coordinate and prioritize changing priorities in a dynamic manufacturing environment, the capability to multi-task and meet deadlines, the skill to understand complex systems, along with the proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Requires excellent written and verbal communication, and organizational skills. The ability to work with operations management and interact with executive level management is important.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Instrumentation, Process Control) OR combination of education/training and appropriate field experience.
- Experience in the technical Administration of PC's, printing, server management, with demonstrated broad based technical abilities.
- Proven ability to work independently as a project leader and as a team member.
- Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to include nights as weekends should operating conditions require.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of working in an industrial environment, such as climbing stairs and working in extreme heat and cold as needed.
The following skills are desired:
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills and the ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to manage scope definition, estimating, planning, scheduling, detail design, procurement and commissioning.
- Experience in working with teams in a team concept work system including conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated safety leadership in design, execution and work practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage activities during the engineering phase of capital projects.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.