Tool Design / Process Engineer
A Tooling / Process Engineer is needed for a world renowned manufacturing organization. The Tooling / Process engineer is responsible to assist a new product development and the design of new tooling and fixtures required for production.
Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of experience as a manufacturing or tooling engineer, and knowledge of tooling associated with high volume, specialty metal manufacturing.
To support our growth we are seeking to add a professional Tool Design / Process Engineer to our staff.
Responsibilities for the Tooling / Process Engineer
- Work with the product development team to design tools and fixtures for the new production process
- Work with the product development team to determine product manufacturability
- Specify, purchase and set up new state of the art manufacturing equipment
- Must be proficient in Tool Design using one of the systems as follows KeyCreator, AutoCAD in addition to Cam systems PartMaker, Delcam or BobCam
- Plan and order material for new tools and dies including die cast tools
- Knowledge of Press operation, welding fixtures and processes, machining fixtures and processes, and assembly fixtures and processes
- Able to program and trouble-shoot CNC mills and lathes as needed
- Prototyping and part design working with the Engineering
Requirements for the Tooling / Process Engineer
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, or equivalent experience will be considered
- Proficiency with Delcam, or BobCam, comparable software is acceptable
- 5+ years' of experience in tool design and the layout of fixtures, jigs and gauges
- Understanding of CAM & CNC Programming
- Experience with high volume, specialty metal manufacturing
- Tool and Die background essential
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and TS Quality Systems